Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sundsay February 19, 2012 Day 2

8:25 am
Both sides of the piercing look crusty this morning. Nothing out of the ordinary really. I feel like the keloid looks about the same. I also feel the redness that appeared around the piercing (not including the keloid) has gone down from yesterday. The Tea Tree Oil may be irritating the skin from the constant application process. The skin didn’t feel dry this morning. It felt rather soft. It may be the consistency of the Tea Tree Oil that makes the skin feel dry.

With Flash

Without Flash


Side note
Since day one(and a couple days before), there is a major puss built up on the left side of the piercing (side with the keloid) if some one was to really look at it you can tell that the keloid side is raised a little bit. My neck is still in pain from the build up on that side. If I lower my neck far enough it hurts and if I bring my head back it hurts. Minor pain when I turn side to side and of course it hurts when pressure it put on it I’m hoping once the keloid gets smaller the left side will have an easier time to drain.

Tea Tree Oil Application Time Day 2
  • 8:25 am - 1st Application. Same application process as the day before. Washed hands and applied with fingers. I am considering using a q-tip to see if soaking the keloid would better than just putting it on with my fingers. Maybe the wetness of the q-tip will help get it inside the piercing and help it heal faster.
  • 11:15 am - 2nd application. A little bit over 2 hours. Took a shower so it messed with the time a bit. Changed the application process this time. Washed hands and used a q-tip to put to Tea Tree Oil on. Seems to be a better idea because it's easier to get it all around the piercing along with the keloid. I'm thinking if it gets inside the piercing then it will help it heal up faster.
11:15 was the last application I put on because I went out to hang out with friends. I was going to bring the Tea Tree oil along and still apply it about every 2 hours but I didn't want to smell like Tea Tree Oil the whole  night. It's a pretty strong smell. It's all I have been smelling ever since I have started using it. If I lay on things it smell like tea tree oil. Being at home smelling like it is one thing. Going out smelling like it is another.

No comments:

Post a Comment